Friday, October 1, 2010

Come and Listen!

Come and listen, all you who fear God;

let me tell you what He has done for me.

I cried out to Him with my mouth;

His praise was on my tongue.

If I had cherished sin in my heart,

the Lord would not have listened;

But God has surely listened

and heard my voice in prayer.

Praise be to God who has not rejected my prayer

or withheld His love from me!

Psalm 66:16-20



Hey gals, I have something to tell you!

I want to tell you how the Lord was so faithful to me.

I really and truly did cry out yesterday driving home from work.

I just needed to be saved from myself and the horrible, critical running commentary going on in my head and I just cried out to God. Sobbed out. Probably looked a little pathetic -hey, that's heading towards critical again!

He changed my focus from critical thoughts of myself and my failures to focusing on His truth and His love and His plans for my life. As I stopped staring at all my obvious faults and started magnifying His amazing strength and love, I was given peace. Oh how I needed His peace!

What was the sin in my heart? It was pride. I don't like to mess up and look incompetent. I was so obsessed with how I looked, that I wasn't really considering how He looked in my life. I wasn't concerned for His reputation, just mine. That is pride. That is putting me above Him, and that is a miserable place to be.

So I confessed that sin. Called it by name and asked for forgiveness. And with that mess out of the way, He could speak truth into my life and answer my prayer.

Praise the Lord who did not reject me or give up on me or withhold His love from me. Some days it feels like the world does that, but never Jesus. He is faithful. Always. Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment